Next spring, Tamsin will teach in Paris a two-weekend course dedicated to the work with babies, their parents and carers.
Who is the course for ?
- shiatsu students and graduates willing to improve their skills with specific baby work
- caregivers working with babies
Traditional meridians and basic TCM knowledge is expected. Please contact us first if you are not familiar with shiatsu.
Tamsin began her Shiatsu practice in 1992 after training at the Glasgow School of Shiatsu. She founded The Shiatsu School, Edinburgh in 2000, and is a Member of the Register of the Shiatsu Society (MRSS T) as well as the Register of the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council.
Tamsin Grainger has 20 years of experience in this field, starting to develop and teach when her second daughter was born. In 2012 she was invited to present this work at the European Shiatsu Congress in Switzerland and contributed to the publication which accompanied the event.
What will I learn ?
- What is shiatsu (in a baby context)
- Baby shiatsu routine and main points
- Games you can play
- Common ailments
- Observations and questions from parents/carers
- How to work with the adult who is with the baby
- Common difficulties with adults after birth
- Breathing and visualization
- Safety and contraindications
How will I learn ?
- Theoretical and practical teachings
- Practice under supervision
- Watching the teacher in a live class situation
- Individual and collective reflection
Registration is open until February 10th, 2019. Small working group, 12 students maximum.
Course will be held in English and translated in French.
March 16-17th then April13-14th *** COURSE POSTPONED ***
Venue : Paris
Price : €450 for the whole course, or €250 per week-end. 10% off for SSUK members.
Registration & information: firstname.lastname@example.org